Focus: The activities throughout the lesson would result in your first full dashboard with practice developing calculated measures and modeling data using DAX.
Objective: By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Connect to your own data set in Power BI
- Profile your data using automatic data profiling in Power BI
- Transform your data, including changing data types and extracting data from a column
- Practice modeling with DAX, implement some of your data transformation using DAX
- Manage data relationships between sets of data
- Deliver results using quick measures and calculated measures using DAX
- Craft stories around your data
Pre-requisites: Windows PC, Microsoft Power BI Desktop (free), an email account and internet access.
Applicable Roles: Business intelligence analyst, business analyst, data analyst who needs to build dashboards to support informed decision making.